Epic Games just released Unreal Engine 4.23. The new release brings tons of new cool stuffs. There is so much to cover, but here are the key highlights that I think worth mentioning:
- Chaos – new high-performance destruction system.
- Real-time ray tracing improvements.
- Virtual Texturing – use large textures but with lower memory footprint.
- Unreal Insights – collect and analyze data easily.
- Niagara improvements.
- Skin Weight profiles – enables you to override the original Skin Weights.
- New audio plugins – Open Sound Control and Wavetable Synthesis.
- Landscape Splines improvements.
- IES Profile improvements.
- And so much more..
To see the full list of what’s new you can check the official blog page.